Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who would have thought blogging would be so much fun?

Goshen College. I told myself I would never end up here. Why would I want to move only 20 minutes away from home to go to school when I have the whole world at my fingertips?? But, here I am. And I guess it's okay. I don't mind it too much. It's hard to walk down the sidewalks and not know anyone; to see people laughing and enjoying each others company in the Rot while I sit there with only a couple other people. Don't get me wrong, it gets better every day. It's just hard. I wish I could be off on grand adventures like Audra and Kelsey and Bethany, or working and making money like Kim. Instead I'm here piling up the debt so that I can continue paying off loans til I'm 40. Yipee.

Do I regret going to Hesston? Good question. Right of the bat I would say no. I loved every minute of Hesston. I grew more in my two years there than I did in my 18 years at home. But the fact that Hesston was such a great place makes this transition even harder. Quite honestly, I'm glad that HC isn't a four year school...there is no way they could do what they do there, and do it well, for four whole years. I would get so burnt out, socially that is. The school part was nice--challenging, but not too hard. Here I have higher expectations set for me.

I'm afraid I'll fail.

But I guess I'll just grow more through this experience.

peace, kara.


1 comment:

Kelsey said...

kara, just remember (and I know that it's hard to actually believe it during times like these) but just keep telling yourself that it's through the hard times that we grow.

At least that's what I keep telling myself. :)

Love and prayers,
Kelsey