Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ahhh...goshen in the fall!

I realized again this week how much I loved the fall and how much I missed the leaves turning colors in Kansas. They just didn't do that out there, but boy to they do it here! There's every color you can imagine and it's so beautiful! It reminds me of when I was in Jr. High and we just started having boy/girl parties. We would have them on someone's farm and have a bonfire and a hayride. Usually the older siblings of whoever's house we were at would find a way to scare us on the hayride. I used to love those parties. Hey, I should have a bonfire at my house soon!

I started a new job on Saturday. I work at The Nut Shoppe in downtown Goshen. It's pretty much a candy store with a wall of Jelly Bellys, chocolate truffles, turtles with pecans, carmel, and chocolate, and chocolate covered creams. We also made a whole bunch of chocolate covered coffee beans on Saturday and I got to taste-test them...they were amazing! When I'm there I help customers that come in and help stock of candy for the Christmas season. For four hours on Saturday I took butter creams off a tray where they were drying, fixed any holes they had by covering them up with chocolate, put them in little paper dish things, and then put them in boxes so we can use them for orders in the future. This is they're busiest time, so I don't know much I'll be needed after Christmas, but for now it's a good job. At least I have money coming from somewhere. The owner is a friend of my cousin and is only 23. She's a nurse and owns the store so she's pretty busy. She didn't interview me or anything; she just told me to come in on Saturday for training. She understands the life of college students so she's good at giving me little, yet just enough hours. I think I'm working 10 hours this week which is good since it's also midterms.

Oh yeah, fall break is next week. We have Monday through Wednesday off and I have no idea what I'm going to do. I was going to go to EMU but the people I wanted to stay with aren't going to be there. Amanda's going there and Ori's going to Ohio and I have no idea what Irina's doing, so maybe I'll just stay here by myself. Actually, I'll probably go home Sunday afternoon and stay there for a few days just get away. Maybe mom, grandma, and I can take our annual shopping trip so I can get some new clothes! And if Kyle's soccer team wins regionals this week I'll have to go watch him in semi-state...that would be awesome!

Well, I feel like I haven't slept in a few days since I've been so busy with studying and homework, so maybe I'll take a little nap. And I have to catch up on last week's Greys episode!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Kara, I can't believe you work at the nut shop! That's so quaint! I love it! Have a relaxing fall break!