I'm pretty aware that there aren't many people, if any, that actually read this, but it helps me to be able to put my thoughts out there. And I really really like making lists, so here are a few things that have been going on lately.
- On a recent weekend outing with some of my friends, we ended up at a sketchy hicktown bar to hang out and watch some March Madness (see next bullet-point for more on that) Although I had been looking forward to this night, I was also a bit hesitant. I don't do well surrounded by people who are different than me, and, I don't mean to sound completely narcissistic, but I wouldn't consider myself a hick. The people who frequent this establishment are, however, hicks. But it ended up being a great night. I will forever have the memory of sitting there, enjoying our drinks, watching the games, and interacting with the locals who stumbled in for the evening. All in all, it was a fantastic evening.
- March Madness has consumed me. I have never gotten into it as much as I have this year, and there are a few reasons for that I suppose. Since 1 of my 2 favorite teams didn't make the tournament (next year, IU!), I focused all my energy on Notre Dame. They let me down pretty early, but the other Hoosier state team has been rockin it. With the Final Four coming up, I'm pulling for Butler all the way! They almost had it last year, so this is their time! I'm also impressed that none of the #1 teams made the Final Four. March Madness is simply the best time of the year.
- The countdown to sunshine and sand has reached single digits...5 days! I'm so so ready for warm weather and the beach!
- I've also begun other countdowns: 2 more weeks of student teaching, 33 days until graduation, and 2 months til I move to camp!
- Speaking of student teaching, here is a link to my tumblr and a hysterical quote I heard one of my students say today: http://lessofmemoreofyou.tumblr.com/post/4162635054/seafood
Well, I suppose that's all for today! More on my trip and the beginning of lasts to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment